Updated September 30, 2020:
The staff of The Stockey Centre & Bobby Orr Hall of Fame are excited to share that we have reopened the Bobby Orr Hall of Fame, Gift Shop, and West Parry Sound Area Visitor Information Centre on July 2nd, 2020 and The Charles W. Stockey Centre’s Performance Hall on September 16, 2020.
We are taking numerous precautions to ensure a safe and enjoyable visit to our facility, as your safety is our number one priority.
Please see the facility procedures for visitors and staff below on what to expect during your visit to our facility.
FACILITY PROCEDURES FOR VISITORS TO THE BOBBY ORR HALL OF FAME AND VISITOR INFORMATION CENTRE
- Face coverings (such as a mask or face shield) are required. You are encouraged to bring your own mask or face shield to wear, but face coverings will be provided to anyone who does not already have one.
- Hand sanitization stations are available throughout the Hall of Fame and the lobby. Please hand sanitize before and after putting on a face covering.
- Visitors under the age of 2 are not permitted to wear a mask, following guidelines from Public Health Agency of Canada.
- If you are not comfortable wearing a mask, entrance will not be permitted to our facility. Staff are available via phone at 705-746-4466 and email at email@example.com to provide services.
- No outside gloves are allowed, a garbage can is available inside the doors to dispose of them.
- Please keep a 2-meter distance from other patrons and staff in our facility. Please follow the spacing indicators on the floor in the Bobby Orr Hall of Fame and lobby.
- A capacity of 15 visitors in the Bobby Orr Hall of Fame and 25 visitors in the lobby will be strictly observed.
- Visitors to the Hall of Fame and Gift Shop will be limited to 90 minute time slots. We are strongly encouraging visitors to pre-purchase Bobby Orr Hall of Fame tickets at bobbyorrhalloffame.com.
- The interactive games in the Bobby Orr Hall of Fame are currently unavailable. Visitors to the Hall of Fame will receive a stylus upon arrival for use with our touch screen display.
FACILITY PROCEDURES FOR VISITORS TO THE CHARLES W. STOCKEY CENTRE’S PERFORMANCE HALL
In an effort to maintain a safe and healthy environment for the patrons, artists, crews and staff, the following restrictions and measures have been implemented for the reopening of The Charles W. Stockey Centre’s Performance Hall and auxiliary rooms for use of in-person events and gatherings. By purchasing a ticket, this affirms that you will follow and accept the following COVID-19 safety terms and conditions for attending an event at The Charles W. Stockey Centre:
- Face coverings are required while inside the facility at all times.
- While visiting our facility for an event, you will have the option to enjoy a beverage or a purchased prepacked snack while sitting in your assigned seat only (availability of food and drink subject to change from event to event). This is the only exception for removing a face covering. No socializing/mingling while drinking/eating is permitted. Your face covering MUST be put back on when eating/drinking is finished. No drinking/eating is permitted in the lobby or the Bobby Orr Hall of Fame at any time.
- Ticket holders are asked to stay home should you or anyone from your close contact bubble be feeling unwell and a full refund will be provided in this circumstance.
- You consent to receiving a one-time pre-show reminder email particular to the event(s) you have purchased tickets for. This email is to remind of the rules and regulations for attending events in the facility, arrival times, self-screening information prior to entering the facility, and other FAQs.
- The ticket purchaser’s contact information will be retained in our ticketing system for contact tracing purposes should the North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit require this information.
- For ticketing, up to 6 people from the same bubble can be seated together. One ticket purchaser must purchase tickets for the whole bubble rather than each portion of the bubble purchasing individually. Groups of 6, 4, and 2 tickets are available (please note seating areas for groups of 4 and 6 are limited).
- Each ticketed group is assigned a seat to comply with physical distancing requirements, please do not sit in any other seat than your assigned seat while attending the performance.
- Please retain a two-meter distance from other attendees and staff.
- Patrons will be greeted by the “Entrance Table” or staff ambassador that will outline the rules for visiting the facility, along with hand sanitization, masks available for patrons, and a garbage bin to dispose of outside gloves or used masks.
- No more than two patrons or those within the same bubble may use the elevator at one time.
- No intermissions or scheduled breaks are permitted during an event. This is to reduce the amount of traffic in and out of the Performance Hall. Patrons can use the washrooms throughout the event, as needed.
- Any patron who refuses to follow the safety rules from when to remove masks will be asked to leave the facility. A refund for their ticket purchase to the event will not be provided in this circumstance.
For any questions regarding the safety rules, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This plan will be reviewed regularly and adjusted as restrictions and guidelines change as per direction from the Provincial Government and Ontario Public Health.
For the full reopening plan for The Stockey Centre’s Performance Hall, please view the following document: The Stockey Centre Performance Hall Reopening Plan [PDF]
Please do not enter the facility if you are feeling unwell or have come in contact with someone who is feeling unwell.
Staff of this facility reserve the right to refuse entrance to visitors who do not follow these procedures.
FACILITY PROCEDURES FOR STAFF
- Staff undergo a daily health screening prior to arriving at work, those staff who do not pass the screening will be required to stay home.
- All staff who are unwell, feel sick, or have a fever will be required to stay home.
- All staff are required to wear a face mask in public spaces within the facility.
- Plexi barrier have been installed to all point-of-sale systems.
- In the event a staff member tests positive for COVID-19, The Town of Parry Sound will follow directions from the Public Health Unit.
Wednesday to Saturday from 10am to 5pm.
HOW TO SUPPORT OUR FACILITY
- Become a Stockey Centre Member.
- Become a Bobby Orr Hall of Fame Member.
- Consider purchasing a Gift Certificate.
- Consider making a donation.
- Advertise your local business with us in our Visitor Information Centre at our Advertising Station. Contact Kelsey Norris for details.
- Pre-purchase admission tickets online to the Bobby Orr Hall of Fame.
- Visit the Bobby Orr Hall of Fame Gift Shop online or in person.
- Purchase a ticket for upcoming events at The Stockey Centre.