October 30, 2017
Located amidst the 30,000 islands of Georgian Bay and a 2.5 hour
drive north of
Toronto, the Town of Parry Sound offers an exceptional quality of life.
Join us as our Bobby Orr Hall of Fame Curator in this full-time permanent position.
As Curator, you will
- manage the Bobby Orr Hall of Fame (BOHF) collection, artifacts and archives,
developing and maintaining a dynamic and relevant display, and ensuring appropriate
installation, care and documentation.
- deliver relevant educational programs related to the BOHF, promoting sports and
Responsible for Sales Management, you will
- manage the BOHF gift shop and e-store, sourcing appropriate inventory, and working
with box office staff to ensure optimal merchandise display and sales.
- develop and implement a marketing plan, budget and capital plan.
- network, build and manage partnership with public and private sectors, contributing to
and building tourist attraction packages.
Responsible for Special Events and Fundraising, you will
- network, build and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders of the Bobby
Orr Hall of Fame, within the industry including halls of fame, sports museums and
associations, with associated talent and celebrity, and within the local community and
potential audiences such as minor hockey, hockey schools, etc.
- manage all facets of special, fundraising and annual events, including event
conception, promotion, marketing, sponsorship, volunteer staffing, accommodations,
hospitality, catering and event program.
- develop a private/corporate sponsorship and donations program.
A complete job
description is available on the Town of Parry Sound website:
- College diploma in Business & Marketing, Certificates in Museum Studies, or Event
- Knowledge of sports and hockey in popular culture and from a fan's perspective.
- Ability to manage large scale events and programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, with proven ability to perform multiple, concurrent tasks,
including the ability to set, maintain, and meet deadlines without supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and public relations skills, exercising tact and discretion.
- Creative thinker
- Knowledge and experience working with computer technology, including collection
management software, databases, MS office (including Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- Three year’s experience utilizing skills in marketing and sales, event management and
museum/hall of fame curation.
This is a full-time permanent job with a 2018 starting salary of $61,000 and job rate of
$72,000. The Town offers an excellent pension plan, and comprehensive and
competitive medical and dental benefits package.
Please submit by
e-mail only, a cover letter and your resume, with full details of your
education, training and experience, by 4 PM on Thursday, November 16, 2017 to:
Rebecca Johnson, HR Coordinator, Town of Parry Sound;
information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of
Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment
The Town of Parry Sound is an equal opportunity employer that is
inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Accommodation will be
provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the Town of Parry Sound
Recruitment Policy. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet