Town of Parry Sound - Job Posting
Project Development Intern - Bobby Orr Hall of Fame
Located amidst the 30,000 islands of Georgian Bay and a 2.5 hour-drive north of Toronto, the Town of Parry Sound offers an exceptional quality of life. Join us as our Project Development Intern at the Bobby Orr Hall of Fame in this full-time one-year contract position.
You will review, recommend, and upon approval, implement changes to our existing artifact display, interactive activities, branding and retail gift shop spaces with an overall goal of improving the customer experience.
You will re-develop marketing plans, maintain the Bobby Orr Hall of Fame website, newsletter and social networking to promote and maximize attendance.
Find a complete job description on the Town of Parry Sound website at (www.parrysound.ca)
Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation (NOHFC) funding for the position requires the following:
1. University and college graduates who have graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university. Candidates must be graduates of post-secondary degree or diploma programs.
2. The position must provide the intern with first time employment in their field of study.
3. Candidates are only eligible to participate in the internship program one time.
4. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Job Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- excellent project management and research skills
- excellent marketing, branding, public relations, written communications skills
- strong organizational skills with the ability to initiate and follow through on projects and tasks with minimal supervision.
- knowledge of computer applications with ability to readily grasp new systems and concepts.
- knowledge and experience of interior design in commercial and museum display contexts an asset.
This is a full-time 35 hour/week, one-year contract intern position at a salary of $35,000/year.
Please submit by e-mail only your cover letter and resume, confirming your eligibility, and providing details of your education, training, and experience by 4 PM on Friday, June 30, 2017 to: Rebecca Johnson, HR Coordinator, Town of Parry Sound at firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment purposes only.
The Town of Parry Sound is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the Town of Parry Sound Recruitment Policy. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest. We will contact those applicants selected for an interview.
This position is conditional on approval of (NOHFC) Internship funding.